Are you desperately trying to figure out why you’ve ended up with Rosacea? Well let’s take a good look at your life, and see if we can do anything to improve your facial skin condition.
Write these questions down and answer them honestly:
- Are you constantly worrying about everything and anything?
- Are you angry all the time?
- Are you harbouring resentment?
- Are you using harsh chemicals to cleanse your face with, which is leaving your skin feeling tight, stinging, or tingling?
- Do you have an underlying gut issue, e.g Coeliac disease or have a gluten sensitivity, which you are not aware of?
- Does your diet contain a lot of acidic foods and drinks such as; caffeinated drinks, carbonated sugary drinks, alcohol, spicy foods, processed foods, etc.?
All of these negative factors can contribute to developing Rosacea. So if you have answered these questions with an open heart, you’ll be able to see what positive changes you need to make, in order to start your healing process.
Back in 2003, my Rosacea was extremely painful and classed as moderate to severe. My husband took me to a dermatologist in London, who advised me to have about 4 to 5 laser treatments (intense pulsed light) within the space of a year to help reduce the redness (broken capillaries) and sensitivity. She then went on to say that Rosacea is a progressive skin disorder and that it would be best to have the treatment done once a year in order to keep it under control, i.e. that there is no cure.
But over the years, whilst studying nutrition, I began looking deeper into what I was putting into my body and onto my skin/face. I changed my diet to a more plant-based (alkaline) one, and moisturised my skin with the appropriate creams and lotions suitable for the winter winds or summer sun, and I found that my rosacea completely disappeared!
So to sum it up:
Depending on how severe your Rosacea is, you may need to have a few laser treatments done to reduce the redness. BUT, it is imperative that you change to a healthy lifestyle, so that you can completely heal and prevent it from re-occurring.
If you have any questions, please contact me, I know what you’re going through, and will be more than happy to help.