This quick and easy vegetable soup is nourishing, low in fat, gluten-free and easy to digest.
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 onion
- a small marrow
- 2 carrots
- a handful of chopped spring greens
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 gluten-free vegetable stock cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil or oregano
- and just enough water to cover the vegetables.
Using a large saucepan, fry the onion in the olive oil, add all the chopped vegetables, seasoning, and stock cubes. Then pour some hot boiled water over the ingredients, and cook until the vegetables are soft.
In a seperate saucepan cook a little pasta, drain it and gently mix it through the soup. Or if you want to make it super healthy, replace the pasta with a tin of organic chickpeas, lentils or borlotti beans.
All vegetables are good for you, so use whatever you like!
Regularly eating this way:
1) Will keep your weight at healthy levels
2) The high fiber content will keep your bowels moving, preventing constipation, inflammation, and cancer
3) It will also help protect your heart by lowering LDL cholesterol levels.